Friday 24 July 2015

Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse DD Creme - Review

Bonjour!

After a fair amount of dithering around on my part (what's new) I eventually got hold of the Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse DD  Creme from M&S back in April ... there was an offer on ... it was an excellent deal ... a no brainer ... you can read about it here if you feel the need! Nuxe is not a brand I would normally look to for this type of product but I'm so glad I did! Think it was SPF30 that first attracted my attention, it's meant to moisturise for up to 8 hours, beautifies (good grief I need some of that!) and protect the skin from daily assaults such as oxidative stress, pollution, UVA/UVB".  So all in all a pretty good dose of 'Daily Defense' for the old hide wouldn't you say?


A picture of the Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse DD Creme
A picture of the Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse DD Creme


Nuxe say the DD can be used either instead of or after moisturiser.  I apply over moisturiser as it has a tendency to sit in the pores on my chops if not ... and believe me I do not want an additional emphasis on my chops at my time of life!  The texture is surprisingly creamy and thicker than I expected and because of this I find it's much easier to buff in with my flat kabuki brush rather than fingers. The coverage can be built up and to my mind has more of a 'light foundation' rather than 'tinted moisturiser' look, although it doesn't have a heavy feel to it once on. It evens out skintone and lightly masks imperfections (of which I have many!) but with a natural, dewy finish rather than flat matte vibe.  It does seem to keep the moisture levels up - I haven't noticed any tightness or dryness as the day goes on and fades away evenly without any patchiness.  I should point out that T Zones will want to shine through but it's nothing that a bit of powder (or mineral veil in my case) can't fix but I do tend to save the Nuxe DD for non work days as I'm lazy/can't be nipping to the loo or sitting at my desk sorting out my shiny bits once I'm at work!  

The Nuxe DD is available in three shades - light, medium and dark.  I have the medium, it's quite rich in colour when swatched but once blended in it marries in well with my own light olive skintone and although you can't tell from the pics below (it was a dull grey day and I don't think my camera white balance settings were correct) it does warm up and give the complexion a bit of a 'glow' once on ... do not ask me why I look happier in the 'before' pic rather than the 'after' ... should be the other way around! 


A picture of the Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse DD Creme


So ... all in all I think this is a winner and a product I'd definitely like to repurchase - it's like skincare and make-up rolled into one. I think it's ideal for a bit of cover in summer when you want more than a tinted moisturiser and will be great in winter to protect, hydrate and give skin a bit of oomph once the winter pallor sets it (yep that won't be long will it!).  It doesn't break the bank at £21/30ml but I've noticed Nuxe have 30% off selected products on their own website here - which brings it down to a very tidy £14.70. I'm having to restrain myself as you can imagine! 

Have you tried the Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse DD Creme? Are you tempted by a bit of 'Daily Defense'? 

Jen x

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I never buy anything, but you can really see the difference in the two photos!! Maybe I need to get my purse out? I'm impressed.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed by it Claire - it's a great product! xx

      Delete
  2. Im a bit miffed about this because I ordered two Nuxe products expecting to receive this cream and it never cd,e! I must've done something wrong. Looks fabulous! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Lynne! It's definitely worth a try - a favourite for me now! xx

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing Jenny! Your skin looks lovely! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea - it gets one's glow on that's for sure! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...