Sunday 15 February 2015

Makeup Revolution Blush & Contour Palette in Hot Spice - Review

Bonjour!

As it was Valentine's Day yesterday I had to share one of my current loves ... the Makeup Revolution Blush & Contour Palette in Hot Spice.  Bought it back in September and been using it loads ever since ...


A picture of Makeup Revolution Blush & Contour Palette in Hot Spice
A picture of Makeup Revolution Blush & Contour Palette in Hot Spice

It comes in a sleek black case with a mirrored lid and consists of  8 pans, a mixture of matte and shimmer in shades from darker to lighter, some more warm peach and some more of a pink tone, 1 baked blush and 1 baked highlighter (on the right there). Because of the range of colours I can see this palette being suitable for most skin tones.   The blushers have a lovely texture and the pigment is crazy (once on they last for hours and hours!) so you only need to touch your brush to the pan - any more and you'll end up looking Aunt Sally!   I'm not very good at this contouring lark and have only really had a bit of a go with the top left hand corner pan but as these shades are on the warm side I mostly just sweep from apple to temple, sometimes it's a matte, sometimes a shimmer and sometimes add a bit of highlight - I couldn't tell you which is my favourite, I like them all!

Swatches ... top row on the left and bottom row on the right ...

A picture of Makeup Revolution Blush & Contour Palette in Hot Spice

And on the kite ...


A picture of Makep Revolution Blush & Contour Palette in Hot Spice


This has been my go-to palette for the last few months - a pop of warm peach really helps wake up the complexion on these cold, grey mornings and keeps me from looking too much like an extra from The Walking Dead!  Hot Spice is excellent value for money considering it's priced at £6.00 and the quality is amazing.  I may have just put in a cheeky order for a couple more bits from Makeup Revolution - there may be another palette or two on it's way!

What do you think of the Hot Spice palette?  Have you tried any products from Makeup Revolution?

Jen x


11 comments:

  1. It looks a bit scary in the pans, but it looks lovely on you and really perks up the complexion, and great you only need a little bit

    Laura//libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura - yes it's a great perk up! x

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I lurve the look of this! I keep reading such good things about Makeup Revolution but is it online only as I've never found it in store anywhere? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's online and available from Superdrug online and instore - suppose I should have mentioned that in the post! xx

      Delete
  3. Hi, I have never heard of this make up brand before, but it looks amazing, such gorgeous colors. I am so rubbish at all this contouring, I usually end up looking like I have skid marks all over my face! But will have to look out for this one. Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm useless at contouring too Helen - definitely a work in progress! xx

      Delete
  4. These look gorgeous! Very tempted! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the peachy look on you Jen! I must give it a go! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea - I'm into peachy at the moment! xx

      Delete
  6. really suits your complexion, I might just go buy it because of your review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...