Sunday 8 February 2015

Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara - Review

Bonjour!

So ... by now everyone and their maiden aunt will have heard about the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara freebie with March's Elle magazine.  I had to try it out (that's obvious right!) ... I never got on with They're Real so was hoping the Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara would be a different kettle of fish!

A picture of the Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara
A picture of the Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara

The wand has slight curve to it and is packed with plastic bristles/spikes - longer on the top (as you may be able to see) gradually reducing in size towards the underneath - almost like rows and rows of tiny canine teeth!   I understand the bristles are meant to hug and roll each lash to provide long lasting lift, curl and definition.  Here it is on ...


Bare on the left and two very quick coats of Roller Lash on the right ...

A picture of the Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara


My natural lashes are, obviously, fine and not very long (bad combination) although they do have a slight natural curl to them (I'd be interested to see how Roller Lash performs on bang straight lashes). Anyway ... it does seem to live up to it's name by grabbing each lash and pulling and curling them up. A good jet black and the formula is not too wet, dry, thick or thin but has a creamy consistency that is easy to work with. The curve of the brush fits my eyelid perfectly top and bottom,   I use the shorter bristles underneath the wand to apply the mascara and the longer ones on top to comb through then turn the wand over for the lower lashes.  I don't leave too long a gap in between coats as it can start to clump up a little, if I go back for another coat later on I use the longer bristled side of the wand to apply as this produces less clumps.  The tube has one of those internal 'brush scraper thingies' (technical term that!) inside but I still do a quick manual scrape now and then just to avoid too much excess on the brush.

I can honestly say this is one of the best mascaras I've used (and I've used a lot!).  It's great for everyday wear as it gets the job done in a jiffy - a real bonus when you're in a rush in the morning! Gives immediate length, curl and lift which opens up the eye area.  It lasts all day with no flaking or smudging but is easy enough to remove with a good eye make-up remover.  You can 'up the ante' on the volume front by adding extra coats carefully or going over with a volumising mascara - makes the lashes pop!

It's definitely a winner - the only thing about it that niggles me is the price - I understand it'll cost around £19.50 on release at the end of Feb/early March - is it too expensive? Am I being a skinflint?

Have you tried Benefit's Roller Lash yet? Would you pay the full price for this mascara?

Jen x


14 comments:

  1. I love benefit :) I cant waait to try this product out ! Thanks for a great review !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got it .. it came with my magazine but I haven't got on with it all. There seems to be too much product loading on the brush but that's probably because I didn't know anything about the scrapey thing that it has. I am such a mascara virgin! I could always post you my bottle if you want it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably need to do the extra scraping thing Sue - keep at it and you'll get the knack in a jiffy! x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting the new blog Jenny! Laura loved the mascara....I hardly ever wear it due to sensitive eyes but I heard this one is great for that problem, so might give it a go myself:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time Anne - I'll be popping over to the blog again very shortly! xx

      Delete
  4. Such a great mascara! I was wary of the wand, but it is actually brilliant! :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm quite fussy about mascara and I only wear brown/black rather than just black. It looks great on you though. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne - shame they don't do it in brown/black xx

      Delete
  6. You got a great photo of the mascara comb Jenny! I do really like this formula - it gives my lashes a real lift and keeps the curl all day! xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha - yes it's definitely an all-dayer! xx

      Delete
  7. I need to get a copy of Elle & try this out! I'm in need of a new mascara atm too! No you're not a miser Jen it is a lot to pay & its got to be perfect at that price! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...