Friday 24 October 2014

Soap & Glory Super-Colour FabuLipstick - Perfect Day

Bonjour!

This post was meant to be 'out' midweek but the dreaded overtime struck again - which resulted in a few sessions of 'ronking' with the laptop on my knee as I tried to blog!  I should explain that 'ronking' is an Anglo-Indian term for dozing whilst sitting (with or without laptop).  Ronking = late blog post! Anyway ... better late than never!

Enough of the waffle - here's my  Soap & Glory Super-Colour Collagen Boosting Fabulipstick in 'Perfect Day' (what can I say - I had a voucher to use!) and here's how Soap & Glory describe it ...
"Featuring ULTIMELT™ lip shine & shaping technology, 3-D PLUMP™ peptide complex, Shea Butter, Monoi Butter & Vitamin E. Hyaluronic acid and Ceramide 2 (for aging repair and visible wrinkle reduction) help to give a soft, smooth, dewy, plump colour-fill pout." source

A picture of theSoap & Glory Super-Colour Fabulipstick in Perfect Day
A picture of the Soap & Glory Super-Colour Fabulipstick in Perfect Day
A picture of theSoap & Glory Super-Colour Fabulipstick in Perfect Day
A picture of the Soap & Glory Super-Colour Fabulipstick in Perfect Day

Swatched above it has a real dusky/fleshy pink tone to it, which is what attracted me I reckon. I've been using without a lip balm, unless my lips feel super dry and then it doesn't hurt to stick some on underneath.  Either way it glides on with a 'satin finish' and is quite well pigmented.  As regards staying power - I'd say it's pretty standard, blotting and reapplying always helps of course but I do need to stick more on after eating.  Other than that it lasts me a good couple of hours and fades away evenly leaving a non-patchy (quite pleasant!) stain.  The colour is not too 'in yer face' but enough to give a bit of a pop (just a little one mind!) and is a great 'everyday' shade when I want a change from the usual nudes ... perfect for Autumn!

For once I'm not 'ronking' ...


This is my second Soap & Glory Fabulipstick - you can see 'Naked Beige' here.  They come in at £9 each, not so cheap but I usually wait until there is some sort of offer on, gotta love those offers!   The ones I have are not super long-wearing or anything (is it such a chore to have to re-apply lipstick anyway?!) but they are great for sticking in your bag for everyday use and the colours seem so wearable that I feel the need to try another quite soon.  I'm thinking 'Man Trap' or 'Red My Lips' - what do you think?

Are you a fan of the Soap & Glory Super-Colour Fabulipstick? Which is your favourite? Have you been 'ronking' lately?

Jen x




13 comments:

  1. Love the colour of this! I only have one other nude S& G lipstick, which I always tend to forget I have....I must use it more as I find it to be a really good formula! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen this before but I'm not usually a lipstick wearer. This colour looks fab on you. May have to investigate further... Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne - I do love a bit of lippie! xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Autumn shade Jenny, Ive never tried Soap & Glort lippie but fancy giving this colour a go xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it Gail! I must get one of the other colours! xx

      Delete
  4. Such a great color!
    xo
    Stacy

    http://tastyrumors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jenny that colour is amazing - looks great on your skin tone. LOVE the embossing on the lipstick too - what a lovely touch. Thanks for the tip-off...I've been rediscovering lippy again after years of lipliner and gloss so I will definitely test out a few of these on my next trip to Boots xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avril - the embossing is great isn't it! I'm well back into lipstick too! xx

      Delete
  6. I ronk too although I didn't know I did - what a great word. Ronking! What a lovely creamy colour lipstick. Didn't even know S&G did make up, I thought it was all bubble bath and bath bombs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're a fellow ronker Donna! Soap & Glory do a load of make-up - so many products I want to try! xx

      Delete
  7. What a great word 'ronking' is.....Great colour lippy that as you say, sounds a good change from all the nudes! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...