Monday 25 August 2014

Evening Skincare Routine ...

Bonjour!

So ... I recently did a morning skincare post the other week (which you can cast your eye over here) - following on with evening products ...

A picture of Evening skincare products

Gatineau Floracil Eye Make-Up Remover - great at removing stubborn (and waterproof) eye make-up but also very gentle and refreshing on the eye area. I've repurchased this supersize at £17 a couple of times. It may seem expensive but works out the same as you'd pay for a high street brand when you take it down to price per 100ml and lasts for months.

Elemis Melting Cleansing Gel - I decided to use this up for my evening make-up removal when I ran out of cleansing oil (have previously only used in the morning - review here).  Am happy to report that it has performed superbly! Lovely purifying cleanser - really good choice for the summer when you may want something a bit lighter but also effective and has kept my skin clear!  I've cut it open to scoop out every last drop - will repurchase for use on Summer evenings.

Organic Surge Orange Flower Toner - I use this toner morning and evening and am getting hooked. A great alternative to my usual Liz Earle Instant Boost (and cheaper too!). Will repurchase and also try out some other Organic Surge goodies whilst I'm at it!

Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Advanced Anti-Ageing Eye Concentrate -  I'm using a lifting formula from Gatineau in the morning but have decided to target the old wrinkles at night-time so have turned once again to this eye cream from Gatineau.  (Thanks to my mum for providing me with both as presents!) The Melatogenine range is aimed at those concerned with fine (and not so fine!) lines and is enriched with antioxidants and probiotics. I love the refined, silky texture, you need the tiniest amount and it does seem to help smooth those pesky wrinkly bits!

Dr Jart V7 Turnover Booster - this is a product I reviewed last year - see here.  I did replace it with a facial oil during the cold winter months but all things considered it's lasted for months! I tend to use several times a week now - really cooling and soothing and leaves the skin feeling hydrated and 'juicy'! One I'd repurchase for the Summertime.

Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil - a recent discovery - full review here. Took this tiny bottle away on holiday this year and used every night under moisturiser to combat de-hydration. Will re-purchase the full size.

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light - still a firm favourite. One I tend to favour more so in the Summer because of the light texture -works really well over a serum or facial oil. Shame it only comes in the pot as I'd have loved to have taken this on holiday! Full review here.

Gatineau Firming Throat Gel - this is my second tube.  Up until 'not so long ago' all I did in respect of my neck/decolletage was to extend my usual moisturiser over the area. My mum reminded me that I needed to 'up the ante' on this area and provided me with a couple of tubes of this throat gel! Having not used anything specific before I can't compare ... but this definitely seems to firm up on those wrinkly/slackening bits - you can actually feel it tightening up around your throat - in a totally comfortable way!  I still continue with moisturising at night-time but apply a little of this (you need the size of a pea) over the neck/decolletage every morning.  I noticed a difference when I stopped using so will either repurchase - (it's a bit pricey but can be bought in a more affordable duo from QVC which works out at around £20 per tube) or be on the look out for something similar. Any suggestions for this area welcome!


So that's the current evening line-up. Are you using any of these products? What's you current routine?

Jen x


7 comments:

  1. Gosh, some lovely sounding products here. I'm after a new face cleanser having only a couple more applications of the Obagi one. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh not tried that cleanser Donna - don't tempt me! xx

      Delete
  2. The Elemis cleansing gel sounds lovely Jenny! I can definitely recommend some other Organic Surge purchases - the shower gels are a must! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Sasha - I want another one! Will definitely be looking at Organic Surge - must try a shower gel when I've run down my stash! xx

      Delete
  3. The cleansing gel is one to look out for and you had me at orange flower with the toner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a favourite Gaelle - love a bit of orange flower too! xx

      Delete
  4. I need that throat gel Jenny! Thats one of the areas that needs toning up! :P Ax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...