Friday 13 June 2014

Birthday, Sportsday and Hot Day(s) ... !

Bonjour!

Again it's been a totally crazy week ... my girl's birthday, which involved lots of shopping and food - lovely but manic and we're still not done with all the celebrations yet! School sports day which was also lovely but slightly poignant as it's my girl's last year at Primary. It's a whole school-day affair at a large indoor sports arena with all the usual races, together with gymnastic/cheerleader style dancing and a big relay race round the track at the end! My girl was the 'fastest girl in her year' - go girl! The entire school joins in from infants up to Y6 - watching all the tiny reception children today it's hard to believe my two were once that small (had a small tear in my eye!) - think they get tinier every year!

And ... as the weather has been hotting up last week so has the temperature in our office (broken air con) - up to 33 degrees no less - we have it on record! Yep the fire doors/exits have had to remain shut so we've all been sweating our bits off - literally! You walk in from the balmy weather outside into the sauna that is now our office and the heat hits you right between the eyes - similar to that feeling when you get off the plane at the start of a 'hot holiday' but far less enticing and without the cicadas calling out - yes - many pores have been well and truly opened up last week. I made sure I had a good deep cleanse, exfoliation and overnight hydrating face mask once I got home - you can't take the beauty out of this blogger!

It could not, therefore, have been any other tune other than Nelly - Hot in Herre (that's how he spells it!) ...


Luckily no one did take (all) their clothes off  although the dress code had been relaxed so people have been wandering round the office barefoot (imagine all the humming feet!) and in shorts (girls and boys) and strappy tops (just the girls mind!) and an ice cream van has been parked in the car park to distribute free ice creams to all staff - although my choc 'n' nut sundae was melting as soon as I got back inside ...! It's been an experience I can tell you.  Hopefully the air con will be fixed by next week and then we'll all be freezing - can't win!

How's your week been? Have your pores been well and truly opened? Any sweat stories to tell me?

Jen x



7 comments:

  1. I like the hot air moment when you get off the plane. Not one for sunbathing these days (wrinkles blah blah blah) but I love a bit of heat. Mind you 30 degrees plus in an office would try my patience. Sports day sounds fab, you must be very proud xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very proud Donna! I am most definitely a heat girl too but just not in the office! xx

      Delete
  2. I am loving this hot weather and that is a tune xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Rachel - and yes what a tune! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh jen , I hope it gets fixed soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hot office sounds like a nightmare Jenny! Thankfully a relaxed dress code is a life saver! Its been bloody chilly down here on the South Coast! Not fair as I like the heat! Ax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...