Wednesday 23 October 2013

Barratts Boots and the King Charles Cavalier ...

Bonjour!

I was recently asked if I would like to sample an item of footwear from Barratts.  Of course the answer was 'yes please'.   Being of a somewhat indecisive nature (stop laughing family/friends!) it took me a while to choose a pair of shoes/boots from the Barratts website as there was so much choice.  Finally I decided on these suede 'western style' boots in black...they go by the name of 'Hensall' down on the ranch don't you know!


A picture of Barratts Black Suede Western Style Boots

A picture of Barratts Black Suede Western Style Boots


I must admit I don't often 'do heels' in the day but these have proved to be really comfortable for everyday wear, school run, shopping and general errand running etc (what else do us mums do when we're not at work - apart from the endless domestic duties and a spot of blogging here and there? ;)   The heel height is classed as 'medium' and is approximately 7cm - they're 'high' enough to dress up the old skinny jeans - I seem to live in skinny jeans.

A picture of Barratts Black Suede Western Style Boots

A picture of Barratts Black Suede Western Style Boots


For the office they fit really neatly under my ever present black trousers and the heel height is, again, just right to smarten em up a little. I'll not bore you with a pic of me in my glam work trews, we don't have to look uber smart for the office - ie we don't have to wear suits etc (well not in my position anyway) - but at least my feet will look smart!

And yes ... as you can see I have a dog in my camera lens here!  'Someone' was waiting to go out whilst I was trying to take my pics ...


...after a while he calmed down and sat waiting (fairly) patiently ...


... and after a while longer just gave up, laid down in disgust and had a snooze ... (that is if you can actually see him as our King Charles Cavalier matches our floor very well)!


Cavaliers aside - there seems to be something for everyone on the Barratts website - age, style and price wise, from proper skyscrapers to biker boots - you can see for yourself  here.   My 'Hensall' boots are available in either black or brown priced at £45 which I think is really good value.  I have bought from Barratts before  - still have a pair of shoes which I bought when I was pregnant over 10 years ago now - they have taken me through all weathers and are still going strong!

So what's your preference - heels or flats? Have you bought any boots or shoes from Barratts?

Jen x




10 comments:

  1. Love them! They are right up my street and look way more expensive than £45. Great pick. Oh and I have a major soft spot for CKCS doggies...used to own one - he was my first born but is no longer with us now. Instead, we look after Mandy, a ruby CKCS, for a friend most weeks....wish I could keep her..never want to give her back. They have a gorgeous temperment xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avril - I'm really pleased with them! Cavaliers are brilliant - lovely pooches! xx

      Delete
  2. Really nice boots, I hate it when there are so many options to choose from but I think you got the right pair x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharron - I dithered around for ages but got there in the end! They are so comfy to wear too! xx

      Delete
  3. Great pair of boots. I do like a bit of a heel, but now I'm working it has to be flat otherwise my feet hurt by the end of the day! I like this height heel and the size of the heel though . x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire.I do usually go for flats but this is a good heel height for me and my feet were fine after work! x

      Delete
  4. Nice boots but I don't think I could last all day in them. I've finally wised up to the fact that flat is the way to go for me. Took quite a few pairs of boots to come to that conclusion though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be going the other way in my old age Sue - I was surprised but my feet were fine after a day at work! x

      Delete
  5. Good grief! Barratts? I'm gob smacked. They are gorgeous. Great choice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - they're lovely and perfect for work actually! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...