Friday 27 September 2013

N-Trance - Set You Free!

Happy Friday!

If you happened to read last Friday's music offering (from our lass Nina!) you'd have seen that I just wanted a quiet night of chilling (also known as chillin'?).  I decided to exercise the old vocal chords to some laid back tunes whilst I chopped onions for dinner (as you do).  Started off with a couple of ballads from Plan B, the Sugababes and Gladys Knight and the Pips. The tempo gradually seemed to pick as I was browning my mince and frying the onions and garlic. A little later on, whilst the bolognaise was simmering, (the hubby had had a couple of beers due to a hectic work week and needed to let his hair down - obviously not literally) - we somehow ended up on a wave of 90s dance music including Josh Wink - Higher State of Consciousness, Felix - Don't You Want Me and this one...

N-Trance - Set You Free!


Obviously a bit of impromptu shape throwing occurred in the kitchen (as you do!).  My children were completely mortified to see Mum and Dad bobbing about in no uncertain fashion and begged us to resume 'normal parental activity' of serving dinner, no dancing/singing/arm waving allowed.  Clearly these actions should only be restricted to 'young/younger people'! (I did get the impression that they were slightly more embarrassed of Dad than Mum!).

Funny how your kids only see you in a certain light and the notion that you were once young and carefree/less doesn't seem to register! No point telling them that - yes I did actually wear a silver A-line skirt and black lace up boots just like the girl in  the video (with pigtails too just for the record!) - ahh the 90s!!

Right - no dancing planned for tonight - I have a headache plus don't think the kids could take two weeks in a row - bless em!  I'm off to have a cuppa and choc chip muffin together with a couple of paracetamol - go me!  Much more fitting for a mum/older person?!

Will you be throwing any shapes in your kitchen tonight?

Jen x

* I should point out that I'm not actually that old! *

11 comments:

  1. Oh this made me laugh, I still love those songs just as much as i heard them for the first time! Haha my kids look at me as if i am from another planet when i start dancing around the place lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love them too Claire - don't think I'll ever grow out of them! xx

      Delete
  2. Omg I love this song, love love love! You've taken me right back :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Sam - lots of happy (very hazy memories)! xx

      Delete
  3. Ahhh the 90's!! My teenage years! Ohh the memories!! lol I love that song!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Kim, the memories - loved the 90s to bits! x

      Delete
  4. I used to love Higher State of Conciousness! Have a fab weekend and you are not the only one bopping round the kitchen! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Sharron it's a classic ravey track! Good to know I'm not the only one bopping in the kitchen - have a fab weekend too! xx

      Delete
  5. Mine start rolling eyes immediately I even start humming not to mind singing and dancing! They have me written off already:( Enjoy your weekend Jenny!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Same here Anne - mine have definitely written me off too and I'm just not ready! Have a lovely weekend! xx

      Delete
  6. Haha very funny post, this song takes me back!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...