Wednesday 18 September 2013

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - Review

Bonjour!

I received these travel size bottles of DHC Deep Cleansing Oil in two separate beauty boxes a while ago. DHC are said to be 'Japan's No.1 online skincare company' so I was interested to see how the Deep Cleansing Oil would fare and decided to take one bottle on holiday as my evening cleanser.






It includes vitamin E, olive oil and rosemary leaf oil and is said to be suitable for all skin types. There is no fragrance as such and it just smells a little of olive oil to be honest!  I apply directly to my face and massage in - it slips over the skin, as you would expect and then emulsifies with a little water. I just use my muslin cloth (of which I own so many they are threatening to take over the house!) to wipe everything off or you could flannel/rinse off with water if that's your thing.  I've also double cleansed with it if I've been wearing extra make-up but not used it over the eye area as it's apparently not suitable for this.

I never thought anything could live up to my Moringa Balm, however I was surprised and impressed at how well this cleansing oil performs.  It removes every scrap of make-up (and sunscreen!) effectively and there is no oily or greasy residue to contend with.  My skin is normal(ish)/combination - sometimes prone to dehydration and eczema and it hasn't caused any breakouts, extra oiliness on the t-zone or brought out any sensitivity. It's fuss free, effective deep cleansing and gives me the desired results - end of!

It comes in various sizes with the largest - 200ml costing between £16-21. I'll definitely be re-purchasing a larger size - I've been using the little 30ml bottle above since the start of August every night and as you can see there is still some left over a month later - the larger bottle should last ages. You can check out full info on the DHC website here.

Have you tried out the DHC Cleansing Oil or any cleansing oil for that matter? Which is your favourite?

Jen x


10 comments:

  1. I have this but haven't used it yet. Actually quite looking forward to running out of Liz Earle to give this a go! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a convert Sharron - really glad I got to try the sample! xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds a great product. I love oils and balms that emulsify in water and don't leave any product on your face. A good price too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good one Claire and a good price too! x

      Delete
  3. I have this sized bottle but not tried it yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used a balm or oil cleanser - I'm really intrigued to give them a try though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think I'd like it this much - about to order the larger size! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love this product. I got some in a previous Glossybox and was so disappointed when I finished it! Must order myself some more! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to order some more soon too Kay! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...