Sunday 22 September 2013

Bare Minerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara - Review

Bonjour!

This is the latest mascara offering from Bare Minerals - the Bare Minerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara.  You may be aware that Debenhams offers a 'Try Something New Guarantee' on selected beauty products. Basically you buy the full size, receive a sample size to try first and if it doesn't work for you return the full-size (unopened) product within 28 days.  You can always have a look at the Debenhams website here to check out the details!

So...I bought the full size Lash Domination mascara and received a sample to try...been using it for a few weeks now...


The mascara boasts 10 benefits as below...



And here's my little sample - with full size brush inside to try...



The brush is a rubber/plastic one with a twist to it - literally - (called 'Protwist180') which is meant to curve around and coat the lashes from all angles...looks like a weapon of torture doesn't it - just joking! ;)



I'm in a bit of a quandary about this one! The brush looks pretty fierce but is quite comfortable to use once you get the hang of the twisty vibe.  The formula is a thick and creamy consistency and an intense black pigment (intense black is good in my opinion). I've found you need to practise with the brush - it has to be really well scraped of excess mascara - otherwise it ends up everywhere and clumps.  A lot of wiggling has to take place for me to get the desired effect and a comb through with my lash comb at times. I have also experienced a bit of light smudging on my lower lids when I've worn it on my bottom lashes - it wipes away easily enough but I have to remember to check! On the upside you can build up quite a dramatic effect once on if you don't mind  a bit of clumpage, gives the impression of thicker lashes (my lashes are really fine), a good amount of length, holds the curl up, isn't crispy or drying on the lashes and lasts all day without flaking until removed, which isn't too difficult with a decent eye make-up remover.  It's definitely become easier to handle now that it's been opened and dried up for a while.  It's just that I'm not sure I should pay £16.00 a pop when there are cheaper mascaras that may well do as good a job ... or would they...?

Here it is in on with a couple of coats ...



If I had to choose between this mascara and another well known and loved (by many) premium mascara with a spiky brush (you know the one) - then this would be my preferred choice.  As I say - it's good with a little time and patience but not sure it's the one to beat all ones! Is it just me - am I being too picky? Have you tried the Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara?

Jen x


10 comments:

  1. Looks amazing on you!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good product - I prefer drugstore mascara though :)

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely don't think you're too picky- I'm just the same Jenny! I still haven't found "the one". This makes your lashes look so long and curly though, but it's a pain if it's difficult to get you there with the clumping etc xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're with me on the picky thing Sasha! It does do the job but just takes a while! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good, but I am hopeless with anything where I have to work at it - I get in such a mess. I think I could do with a mascara training manual! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the time factor - always the time factor! xx

      Delete
  6. Firstly thanks for the heads up on the Debenhams deal, I didn't know about that! Must've had my head stuck under a rock or something! Hummmm I just don't like the spiky wands so always steer clear but as most mascaras appear to be switching to this type of wand I don't think I can put it off much longer :( x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not a painful spiky wand this one Kay - can just be messy! There are plenty of proper brush wands still out there surely? x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...