Tuesday 3 September 2013

August/Holiday Favourites...

Bonjour!

These are my favourite products from this year's holiday (which was obviously in August!) ... photographed by the side of the pool - she says wistfully...must forget about the pool and the sun for another year!

Clockwise ... (sort of!) ...


La Roche-Posay Anthelios Melt-In Cream Factor 30 - although the recent bout of eczema has cleared up on my face and neck I needed sun protection which was gentle but effective in case it re-appeared whilst on holiday - this was just the ticket.  I smoothed it on every morning over my face and neck after moisturising - super easy to apply and provided the protection I needed - a lovely product and one I would repurchase.

Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Grapefruit - you can see it in action in my NOTD post here. Absolutely love this vibrant juicy colour. Don't want to put it away for autumn/winter - not going to just yet!

Wild About Beauty Multi-Purpose Tint -  a super summer and holiday product. Gives a natural flush which you can see in my review here.

Sanctuary Spa Skin Perfecting BB Cream (Medium to Dark) - can't believe I reviewed this a whole year ago here , it was also included in last year's August Favourites and here it is again! This is in fact the same tube with plenty left (and in date of course) so I've used it again.  I said it last year - because it's quite pigmented it's a lovely product to use on holiday and keeps that bit of glow on yer kite once you return. Another product I'm not yet ready to retire for the season just yet!

Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence Duo - I got hold of this from QVC on easy pay instalments during the the last Beauty Day. A leave-in conditioning spray, a leave-in Elasticizer?  It was certainly a lifesaver on holiday and kept the frizzies at bay good style. Full review to follow when I've done a bit more road-testing!

Daniel Sandler Instant Tan Face Powder - still loving this bronzer - perfect for holiday evenings - full review here.

Mally Perfect Prep Under Eye Brightener - been using this for a couple of months now and it works really well to lighten up those dark circles - full review to follow.

Oh - and then there was this little beauty ...


Now - I have to say I'm not a big drinker but I did find that this super-cheap vino from our local French supermarket went down very easily indeed and is - unfortunately a distant memory! Stupidly we only bought the one box. Must make room for more next year!

So ... those are the favourites. Still wishing I was beside that pool  ... however with the  kids back to school this week I'm pretty sure I won't have time to think about holidays, pools, sunshine and the like!

What were your August or holiday favourites?

Jen x



10 comments:

  1. Wine as a favourite? That's my kinda favourite :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tasted great Sam - shame it's all gone! x

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of the sun cream - I am coming to the end of mine. I don't want this summer and lovely weather to end : ( X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want the summer to end either - going to rain heavily tomorrow and autumnal weather from now on so they say - shame! xx

      Delete
  3. Loving the colour of the Barry M, may have to purchase that one to add to the collection. As for the wine....well all I can say is Vive la france!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great colour Gail! Yes - I'm with you all the way on the French thing! xx

      Delete
  4. At least we have some lovely sunshine around this week so we can still pretend it is holiday time and drink wine:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think today was the last decent day Anne - rain tomorrow! Will have to drink the wine indoors! xx

      Delete
  5. Ha ha wine as a favourite should be featured more often! Haven't tried Grapefruit but keep looking at it in Boots! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely bringing more back next year Gaelle - went down a treat! If you love the brights you'll love Grapefruit! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...