Sunday 4 August 2013

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray - Review

Bonjour!

You'll have probably heard about the current freebie with the September issue of Elle - the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray.  I was actually given a 30ml sample size of the same spray a couple of months ago by the kindly assistant on the Bumble and Bumble counter at Boots (must have been an 'extra-flat' day!). She told me to take it away and see what I thought. I put it away and meant to use it but kept putting it off for some reason - having a plethora of other products to use up (seriously - the amount of hair products I have is verging on the ridiculous!).  Dug it out last week to finally have a go - resulting in me dashing out to get the latest copy of Elle with the 50ml freebie!


According to Bumble and Bumble the spray..."Helps fine hair achieve styling lift-off, but also works wonders on any hair type - thick, thin, or otherwise." (source)



It can be used as a styling aid and/or as a finishing product and is apparently suitable for any hair type. Obviously I'm only coming at this from an extremely 'fine haired' point of view!  What I'm constantly after - as well as a bit of root lift - is the look of thicker hair through the mid-lengths and ends.  So ... I've been spraying it on the root area and also onto my hands to spread through the rest of my hair before blow drying. I've also spritzed a little of the spray on afterwards as a finishing product.  It's left my thinning hair bouncy and with more guts than I've seen in a while.  (I added some hair oil to the ends for a bit more condition)  I can tell that I have product in my hair but not excessively so - it's more of a textured feel - you can still run your fingers through it if you so wish as it's not sticky, greasy or crispy with volume that has lasted all day and even into the next (wonders will never cease!).  The scent was bugging me at first as I couldn't quite place it - smells of cinnamon or cloves - sweet and spicy.

You're probably wondering what all the fuss is about but believe me this is the fullest my hair has looked in a while.  Apologies for the split ends but I'm due a trim!  I must say that getting a suitable angle to photograph my barnet was not easy without a tripod ...however, trying to get my husband to take the pic correctly was even more of a chore so I gave up and did it myself ...




Basically I am impressed with this product - both as a styling and finishing product. A true multi-tasker and something that I'll definitely be taking on holiday this year.  The full size is expensive at £21.50/250ml but to honest, I'm prepared to pay the price if it does what it says on the can - which it does. Just to put a spanner in the works - several other products on the Bumble and Bumble website have also now got my attention - help me someone please!

Have you picked up your sample of the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray yet?  Please tell me I'm not the only one with a plethora of hair products - just so I don't feel weird!

Jen x

10 comments:

  1. I have been lusting after Bumble and Bumble for months now so I was pretty excited when I saw Elle was giving it away for free. I haven't tried it yet but I'm feeling pretty optimistic after reading your review :)

    Salli
    xxx
    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your hair looks amazing! I've not tried this but am keen to give it a go, anything which will give a bit of umph to my locks and I am there. And nope you are not weird, or if you are that makes two of us, cos I've got a hairdressers dream sitting on my bathroom shelf! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay - Umph is always a good thing! So glad I'm not the only weirdo! xx

      Delete
  3. I am excited to get my hands on this. Sounds great, anything that will help thicken my fine flat hair gets a thumbs up from me!!

    RobynMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hair looks amazing - wish mine looked like that! X I got the freebie so I'll give it a go. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire - (it doesn't always go to plan though!) and what are you taking about? Your hair always looks lovely! xx

      Delete
  5. I tried this after reading your review and thought it was great on my really fine hair. Better than the John Frieda one I usually use.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...