Monday 27 May 2013

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum - Review

Hope you've all had a good Bank Holiday - at least the weather behaved itself for once!

The Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum is something I broke my spend ban over a few months ago - (sorry!) I'd sort of slipped out of the habit of using a serum within my routine and was desperate for some extra hydration in the midst of the extended cold winter. According to Vichy the serum is meant to intensely hydrate and fortify sensitive skin, contains Thermal Spa Water and is enriched with hyaluronic acid ....  




The serum comes in a transparent glass bottle with a (very easy to use) pump. It has a light silky gel/lotion texture which glides on and is instantly refreshing, cooling and soothing on the skin. The fragrance is fresh but not overpowering.  It can be used day and/or night either on it's own (I imagine for very young or oily skins - obviously neither apply to me!) or under your usual moisturiser.

Initially I just used at night under my Emma Hardie night cream (I only need one pump of serum) and found that it alleviated that all too familiar 'tight'  feeling over the cheeks.  I then stopped to try out a different brand of skincare (as you do) and after a while started to see the difference in my skin, obviously a combination of things, the change in skincare, the continued cold weather and I was also ill with a heavy cold/cough at the time and basically my skin just looked and felt rubbish.

I therefore returned to my usual routine including the Vichy Aqualia Serum and my skin feels a lot better.  I'm not sure about the '24 hour continuous hydration' element - at the moment I'm having to use this both morning and evening as I feel my skin needs it.  I can tell if I've forgotten as I use a lot more moisturiser and the 'tight' feeling returns but it definitely helps with plumping my skin up and keeps it feeling comfortable for the day. (Obviously I realise I need to drink more water to help with the overall situation, something I'm particularly bad at when I'm not at work.)  I've used it over the eczema prone areas on my face which are still flaring up now and again and it hasn't irritated my skin further.  It seems to have been one of those occasions when you don't realise that something is of benefit to your skin until you stop using it?

At £17/30ml (which I don't think is a bad price) I'll most probably repurchase - it's a good product for me to keep within the old skin routine and would be particularly refreshing to use throughout the summer. I'd also like to try out some of the other products from the Vichy Aqualia Thermal range.

Do you suffer from de-hydrated skin? What products do you use to combat it?

Jen x



14 comments:

  1. Though I dont have dehydrated skin, this still appeals to me, I have normal/oily combo skin but I think that I can still benefit from a serum. I like the sound of this - the price is very reasonable...

    I have to confess I have never used any Vichy products - despite hearing good things about them! I know...I am a terrible beauty blogger

    LOL

    Grace xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Grace the price is really good compared to some other serums out there. I'm definitely going to be looking at some other products from Vichy to try out this summer! xx

      Delete
  2. Hey! Found you on BBunite blog hop page. Looking forward to reading more of your posts!!

    Robyn viav x vintageisavirtue blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like products that have hyaluronic acid in as I think that it increases the moisture in my skin no end! This looks a great serum - you are right in that we don't realise how well something is working until we stop using it sometimes! Oh and can you believe it - I wore gloves today. It was so cold doing the bank holiday car boot sale I had a puffa coat and gloves on! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the hyaluronic front Claire - definitely of benefit to my skin! I can well believe you had gloves and coat on - am gutted the weather has turned again! xx

      Delete
  4. I have never tried any of their products but this looks amazing. I think the price is very reasonable; the Origins one that I wanted was £60...I put it straight back on the shelf.

    I will try to find a sample somewhere and give it a whirl.
    Thank you for the informative review :)

    Salli
    xxx

    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. £60?? yep I'd have put it back too - shame as I'd like to try a few Origins products! x

      Delete
  5. I suffer with dehydrated skin as well, seems to get worse at these times of the year when the weather is on the turn. To be honest at the moment I've just been using good old fashioned baby oil!! I don't use it all the time just every now and again when my skins gets very dehydrated and it needs a boost. I use it just before bed under my usual night skincare. I will definitely give the Vichy a try though, something I could slip quite easily into my skincare routine xx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rubbish isn't it - must be the long winter and excess central heating. I use my Liz Earle Superskin concentrate as an 'oil' treatment once a week or so - it does help to balance and plump xx

      Delete
  6. I've used the Aqualia range from Vichy before, but I didn't know they had brought out a serum in it. Another great brand for very dry skin and/or skin that is allergic or sensitive is Avene.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the Vichy Aqualia pot of cream together with the serum - think it may work well for summer. I've heard Avene is good also. :)

      Delete
  7. I don't feel my skin is particularly dehydrated but it must be as I rarely drink water. I loved the samples of Chanel serum I recently used and it does make you feel as if you are giving your skin something extra, which can only help matters. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Chanel samples sounded lovely Sharron - I definitely don't drink enough water but am trying to up my intake (even if it means having to go to the loo 50 million times!) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...