Wednesday 29 May 2013

NOTD - Top Shop 'Stage Dive'

Bonjour ...

I bought this polish a couple of weeks ago from Top Shop (obviously) in 'Stage Dive'.  I do love a good orange and it was just love at first sight ... (also bought a top which looked really good on the hanger but when I got it home it made me look like a sack of potatoes so that's going back!).

Anyway - got Stage Dive out in the sunshine over the weekend ...



This is my first nail polish from Top Shop and I found the consistency a little watery when applying and the first coat was pretty streaky. Still can see some faint streaking after the second coat but I don't think it looks too bad and may well be down to my useless application technique!   It was pretty standard 'drying time wise' - 10 mins or so? It didn't last terribly well unfortunately and had chipped within two days (I've now bought a new top coat so will try it out and see if I have better results).

To be honest though - I'm so head over heels in love with this colour - it's verging on fluorescent but not quite. It's just a lovely bright, sunny, happy colour and it cheers me up every time I look at it - sad but true! As you can see I applied it when the sun was shining over the weekend, now were back to normal with grey skies and pigging rain I'm going to need some 'bright nail therapy' more than ever!

Stage Dive is priced at £5 and you can check out the rest of the Top Shop Nail Varnish range right here.

Have you tried any Top Shop Polishes? What's your favourite nail varnish for 'bright nail therapy'?

Jen x




10 comments:

  1. Lovely colour for summer! Suits you Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a summer one Sasha - thanks! xx

      Delete
  2. I looked at this colour last week and so nearly got it, but had just picked up a topshop highlighter so was good and put it back - wish I hadn't now ....it is a lovely colour! I am addicted to corals and oranges. I am, however, going polish free on my hands for as long as I can to try and let my nails strengthen up a bit. They are in a bit of a state!!! May treat myself to a new polish when I have some decent nails to paint again! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love corals and oranges in the summer Claire - you were very good to put it back! Good luck with the nail strengthening! xx

      Delete
  3. I am so not a bright colour polish. I do try but I always feel like I have little alien toes when I catch bright orange/red/pink toes out of the corner of my eye. I am glued to my sludge colours. Having said that, I am with navy toes at the moment. I have a khaki coloured one from Topshop which is quite nice but the application as you say is a bit hit and miss - not the best out there. I have to say H&M polishes are cheap and do the job a lot better (she who has only tried two of the H&M ones but enough to be impressed).

    I'm actually holding out for the ultimate red in my books - "Dragon" by Chanel. If I'm going to do red - it's going to be that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a bright polish Sue - whatever the season but also like the neutrals, just depends what mood I'm in! Will have to try the H&M polishes - just had a look at Dragon and yep it's a good one alright! :)

      Delete
  4. This colour looks great for summer! A little disappointing on the quality of the polish & lasting power, especially as it costs £5.00! May have to stick with my Rimmels! :)

    http://beautybydm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit disappointing but must keep on practising and I'll get the hang of the application eventually - love the colour too much to give up on it! x

      Delete
  5. Loving the colour!
    10 minutes dry time is quite long, though. But maybe I think it's long because I'm used to quick dry nail polishes haha :)

    Such a Summer colour!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sal - and even after the 10 minutes I daren't get stuck into anything too 'hands on' if you know what I mean, for fear of tacky nails! Never mind - it's an excuse to sit down and do nothing for a while! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...