Tuesday 27 November 2012

Emma Hardie 'Amazing Face' Moringa Balm - Review

Bonjour!

I've been intrigued by Emma Hardie Moringa Balm for a while. Early this year my skin had been playing up good style- oily t-zone, large open pores, de-hydrated cheeks - so when QVC had an Emma Hardie TSV (Today's Special Value) back in May, I jumped straight to it.

To my mind this is a range that nurtures rather than challenges, enveloping your skin in nourishing botanical treats and surrounding your senses with decadent, uplifting aromas! Moringa Balm can be used not only as a cleanser but a facial oil, hydrating mask, lip balm - the list goes on...to me it's like a luxury salon treatment - pure indulgence at the end of the day!

Some information directly from Emma Hardies's own website:-
Key Ingredients and what they do:
- Moringa seed extract, Wild Sea Fennel and Vitamin E:Balance, purify and help to minimise the appearance of open pores
- Orange, Neroli and Mandarin extracts: Rejuvenates and revitalises the skin.
- Jasmine, cedarwood and Rose:  Helps to recondition dull, dry, dehydrated and mature skins


I use Moringa Balm as my evening cleanser, it removes all traces of make-up, including eye make-up.  You can either mix with a little water to emulsify first or apply in it's balm state.  I prefer to apply the balm directly and massage into my kite as it melts into a lovely aromatic oil - feels like it's giving my skin a thorough and deep cleanse.  I then apply a little water to loosen everything up and buff/rinse off with either Emma's own micro fibre cloth or with one of my millions of Liz Earle muslins which - I have say still do a grand job! Skin is left soft, cleansed and comfortable - I don't feel the need to use a toner afterwards and just follow with my night cream.

I think this balm has turned into one of my desert island products - it's had a balancing/calming effect on my skin - although it is expensive at around £32-£34/100ml it's worth it if it performs so well (I'm willing to cut corners in other areas). I'm  now on my second pot which I bought whilst on special offer at QVC (the first lasted a good few months as you only need a small amount to cleanse).

I've enjoyed every product I've tried from the Emma Hardie Amazing Face range so far and have just discovered that good old QVC have another Emma Hardie TSV on 12 December so hoping to bag another bargain!

Have you tried out the Emma Hardie Moringa Balm? What's your favourite night cleanser?


Jen x


11 comments:

  1. I just bought a tub of this after using up a sample. It's amazing! Will be keeping an eye out on the 12th x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sam - it is an amazing cleansing experience! Looking forward to the 12th - hope it's as good a TSV as last time! x

      Delete
  2. Sounds gorgeous, I wonder if I can be parted from Liz Earle and Eve Lom x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely product - unfortunately Liz didn't seem to be working for me so I branched out - never tried Eve but heard it's very good. If curiosity gets the better of you - you could always order from QVC, then you can return if it doesn't suit! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is - I know it's sad but I look forward to using it! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm sensing a liiiittle bit of a QVC addiction here, haha. This is one of those products that I really want to try but can't bring myself to fork out for. I bet I'll cave at some point though, I usually do!
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know - I do have to try to control myself - it's so easy to get carried away, so many goodies to choose from! Took me a while to cave in but glad I did now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOO only just seen this review - not sure why I missed this post!! Looks lovely. I must admit I have a cleanser I love that costs £62 ( arrrrgh). I've stopped buying it unless it is given as a gift or is on offer, but I love it - still have about half a bottle left so am alternating with Sanctuary Spa at the mo. I only ever got it twice as it costs too much to justify, but £32 is okay like you said if you have found something you love! Cleansers are so hard to get right. So many make my skin react. Must check out QVC offers....sounds worthwhile! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving this one at the moment Claire and am only using it in the evening so it's lasting well. Definitely worth checking out QVC (I know I keep saying this but where else can you try out and return if it doesn't agree with you?) plus they have such good offers! xx

      Delete
  7. great review!

    visit my blog.
    filled with reviews on beauty products and other more~
    http://8881397.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...