Saturday 20 October 2012

Review - L'Oreal Revitalift 10 Repair BB Cream

Bonjour!

These sample sachets of L'Oreal Revitalift 10 Repair BB Cream in Medium Tint were given to me by my lovely friend  because she felt they would be too dark for her. Long story short - I tried them out, liked the BB and so went out and bought the full size (it was on offer at Sainsburys at the time which was a bonus!).



So -  L'Oreal claim the above 10 benefits...

Having used this for a few weeks, yes I would agree with 1 - 6 more or less.  It covers minor imperfections (I still have to use concealer in the usual places). I do feel that it enhances, evens and refines the look of my skin and does give a bit of a 'glow' whilst keeping it hydrated for the day. Luckily I haven't any large age spots on my face or deeper wrinkles (yet) - so not sure that it would completely conceal them or that it has significantly firmed up my skin.  The SPF 20 can only be a bonus in my book.




The pump is hygenic and fairly easy to use, you don't need to push it all the way down or you just end up with too much BB. The cream has a pleasant smell, nothing mind-blowing or overpowering.  This is the time of year when I begin to reach for products that counteract the yellow hues which my skin seems to take on once any summer colour has faded. This BB fits that bill perfectly it's what I would call a sort of deeper beige with pink undertones and seems to be an ideal shade for my skin. I would liken it to a very light foundation as opposed to tinted moisturiser.  The consistency is fairly thick (like a rich cream) and does require some blending but nothing too tasking. It provides adequate light coverage, on it's own, at weekends for example but I've also used it for work, applying it early in the morning and layered it for slightly heavier coverage,  together with my ever-present Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.  It's lasted all day and kept my skin looking fresh even after I've been to the gym on an evening (I'm sorry but I don't remove my make-up before exercising)! It doesn't prevent my t-zone from doing it's usual 'oily thing' but then also doesn't make it any oilier or break me out. I've used it in place of a normal day cream and also over the top of it and both ways have worked fine for me.

Obviously this won't be everyone's cup of tea, I've read some negative reviews about this BB in the Light option - mostly relating to the colour of the product - so maybe this is why I've fallen lucky with the darker shade. All in all this BB is an ideal Autumn/Winter option for me - from the first application I was impressed by the product, it just fits the bill, is reasonably priced at £14.99/50ml and suits my skintone and type.

You can check out the L'Oreal Revitalift 10 Repair BB Cream on Boots website here.  What's your favourite BB of the moment and why?


Jen x


10 comments:

  1. Looks like a good one! I think everyone has to hunt for one that suits them in the end - I think I've found my soul mate BB in Dt Jarts premium! I say in my post next week that I don't like it either when products overclaim and state they can do so much....I don't even want them to do all that! I'm happy with sun protection, moisture, and some even sheer coverage! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - this one seems to work for me - when you like it instantly it's usually a good sign! Looking forward to your Dr Jart review! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this one looks good! I need something with a more yellow undertone though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it - funny how I always go for the pinky undertones! x

      Delete
  4. I think the blended out image looks great, I'm becoming a massive fan of BB creams and this medium shade looks great. I'll def be testing it when I'm next in boots!

    www.charlottescollection.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it becomes a bit of an obsession after a while! :)

      Delete
  5. Been wary of BB creams for a while now but i think it would be time to take the plunge and try one, this looks good..I've also read that the Sleek ones aren't too bad esp for WOC like myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was the same for ages but then took the plunge... the Sleek ones sound interesting - may have to have a little look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the color looks great on you (your hand at least haha). I've been using Dr. Jart BB cream it matches my skin tone.

    Followed you via the beautybloggers blog hop and would love if you could also follow us at http://prettysquared.blogspot.com

    Stay pretty, Miranda M. and Mackenzie M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou - I do like the colour on my face too! I'm hearing so many good things about Dr Jart BB - thanks for follow! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...