Tuesday 9 October 2012

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil - Review

Bonjour!

I've been using the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil for the last few weeks.  Actually bought it before I went on holiday when I noticed it was on offer in Boots - think it was £6.99 rather than £9.99 (for a large 100ml bottle) - so couldn't resist. It comes in two options, one for 'all hair types' and one for 'coloured hair'. I went for the coloured hair option as I'd had my hair highlighted.




Some information directly from the L'Oreal Paris Website -
"Inspired by the extraordinary power of 6 precious flower oils, the laboratories at L’Oréal have created a perfectly balanced oil with a texture so absorbing that it instantly penetrates and adjusts to the specific needs of each hair type to provide perfect care."




A good couple of drops (or just one pump to be exact) is the amount needed for my hair, being super-fine and all that. Apparently the trick to applying hair oil is to rub well into your hands until it resembles a sheen and then apply. I just distribute it mainly through the usual mid-lengths and ends and blow (or rough) dry - then use the tiniest amount afterwards to smooth down.  I've also used it a few times as a pre-treatment for colour, as suggested on the bottle, it washed out fine and didn't leave any residue. It doesn't have a much of a smell - just very slightly sweet if anything.

I have to say this stuff is bloomin' marvellous - considering it's an oil it doesn't weigh my hair down and leaves it smooth and de-frizzed.  It just seems to make my hair easier to manage and I don't have to straighten as much - just my fringe and the ends (yesterday I didn't use them at all - result!).  The old barnet was desperately in need of a cut (thanks goodness I've had that done now!) and this helped it from looking too straggly and frazzled on the ends.  I've always struggled with the balance between volume and condition, I still need to apply my plumping powder (which I also love)  if I want bigger hair but as far as the conditioning side of things is concerned this is a real winner and my highlights don't seem to have faded or gone brassy.  Have also used a small amount when drying my little girl's huge amount of fine hair and it's worked a treat helping to keep it frizz free!   You know that something works for you when you find yourself constantly reaching for it.  I will definitely re-purchase. Overall opinion - great product, great value for money.

You can check out the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil on Boots website - for all hair types - here and for coloured hair here.

Have you tried any hair oils - which is your favourite?

Jen x



17 comments:

  1. You should have seen me when I came back from the school run this morning! I'd washed my hair and fed up of my usual products not working just left it - frizz city and BIG hair when I came home! Oh dear. WIll try this as my usual shine oil has run out and is over £20 to re purchase - ouch! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I have ever tried an oil so am pleased to hear your review and will look out for this when its on offer in future x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it's a really good deal when it's on offer, I've been using it continuously and there's tonnes left - this bottle will last for ages! x

      Delete
  3. Ok - I'm back from Tescos with a bottle of the above in my hand and have calmed my head of BIG hair down with it - result!. Good buy!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to laugh at your 1st comment Claire - the (only?) good thing about winter morning school runs is that we can cover the frizz up with a woolly hat! Glad it's calmed your hair down - it's a good price for such a large bottle don't you think? I've actually not used it this morning in order to try something else out and can already tell the difference! xx

      Delete
    2. I'm loving it - I used it on my little girls hair this morning as she has the frizz factor too! x

      Delete
    3. Brilliant - so glad it's working for you! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm a bit on the fence about oils. I have some Argan oil that's designed to be put on dry hair, but I always regret using it - yes, it tames the frizz a little bit but I always end up looking a greasy mess because I touch my hair throughout the day and spread it to my roots and fringe - not a good look! I do slap some coconut oil on my hair from time to time as a deep conditioning treatment, but I do that pre-wash and leave it on for a few hours.
    That said though, I have heard wonderful things about this oil, and I really WANT to like them as to be honest, my hair could do with a bit of help on the ends. I think I'm now convinced I need to give it a chance!
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Mel - I have to be so careful with oil-based products on my hair - it really is so fine, but as long as I don't overuse this is great, I can tell the difference if I've not used it now. Obviously though it may not work for everyone - pity they don't have sample sachets or something! Coconut oil sounds like a lovely pre-treatment! x

      Delete
  5. That is a great price for a hair oil. Will be looking out for this one. Fab review, thank you for tweeting me your link. I'm now your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou - it is a great price I agree! Thanks for the follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny, I am a new follower :)

    Well I am using Kerastase elexir oil a bite expensive as all Kerastase products but it last for around 7-8months :D

    I am loooving it :D

    www.dedicatedforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to try some Kerastase products - they sound fab! Thanks for follow - am following back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get LOreal Excellence Hair Color Creme Pro-Keratine in a maximum discounted price.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted
    to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your articles.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums
    that cover the same subjects? Many thanks!
    Here is my web site tao of badass review

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time I see this I consider it. I love that it helps with frizz. I have fine hair too so glad you seem to get on with it.

    M

    xx

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. CATHERINE BAILEY Brittany France20 March 2013 at 15:04

    ten out of ten. best thing ever. even caught my husband using it. THANKS LOREAL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...